Staining and varnishing
It is disadvised to use water-based varnishes and stains for the embossed carvings. Solely use synthetic products for these items, as penetrating water would let the items swell and roughens them and small cracks would appear that ought to be mended!
In case the use of water-based products cannot be avoided, they need to be applied very carefully by hand using a moist brush (not dripping wet) so that the product cannot profoundly penetrate the wood. Subsequently we advise drying the items immediately using a hair-dryer.
The same procedure can also be used to eliminate the smooth and glossy surface of these ornaments. In this case it should also be avoided that water can penetrate the wood.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS FOR STAINING AND VARNISHING by way of example:
a) For the STAINING it is recommended to use the following synthetic products of the ADLER company:
- Paint finish “Kognak” code 410908 diluted 1:3 with diluent 90318 to obtain the COLOUR OAK
- Paint finish “Maron” code 410909 diluted 1:3 with diluent 90318 to obtain the COLOUR WALNUT
- Paint finish “Mahagonibraun” code 410910 diluted 1:3 with diluent 90318 to obtain the COLOUR LIGHT CHERRY
- Paint finish “Mahagonirot” code 410912 diluted 1:3 with diluent 90318 to obtain the COLOUR DARK CHERRY
b) For the FINISHING it is recommended to use the following polyurethane products of the ADLER company:
- LEGNOPUR G10 catalyzed with 10% code 82010 and diluted for 10% - 20% with diluent code 80019
c) Before VARNISHING or before GILDING WITH GOLD LEAF it is recommended to apply a GROUND COAT using the following polyurethane products of the ADLER company:
- “ADLER PUR-ISOFUELLER BIANCO” code 25505
- + 10% catalyst code 82019
- +10% diluent code DD 80019
It is advised to use a spray pistol with a spraying nozzle of 1,8mm and to apply multiple thin coats in all directions in order to cover all details.
For any further information please refer to the ADLER reseller in your vicinity.